In honor of National Puppy Day, this is the perfect day to bring a new puppy home. And, if I may make a recommendation, Rescued is my favorite breed.
Puppies are the most trusting and joyous creatures on the planet. Oh, to be more like a puppy. ~Colleen Paige, founder of National Puppy Day
National Puppy Day was founded in 2006 by Pet & Home Lifestyle Expert and Author, Colleen Paige. She is also the founder of National Dog Day (August 26, 2016) and National Cat Day (October 29, 2016).
If you’re not ready to rescue a puppy today, would you consider donating to a local shelter? If you don’t know where one is, google animal shelter along with your city and state to locate one nearby. Most have websites and you can often donate online. Or perhaps you’d be willing to volunteer?
What if you already have a puppy (regardless of age) this National Puppy Day? Well, why not do something special in celebration. Here are 10 quick and loving ideas for the one who unconditionally loves you:
- Time for a snooze? Take a nap with him or her.
- Shower with love by giving a wonderful massage.
- Brush his or her hair/fur since it’s spring, which means it’s also shedding season!
- Buy a fun new toy that squeaks and is shake-around-able.
- Puppy proof your home for safety.
- Shine a light! Take pictures and post them on social media.
- Dress for success: Get a new collar, leash and tag.
- Get a puppy chip implanted.
- Cozy up: Buy a new puppy bed or wash and fluff the old one.
- Give him or her a special treat like a chewie – you know how they love to chew.
Since it’s National Puppy Day, I’d love it if you’d share your puppy pics on my Pets Nanny Facebook page >>
Who doesn’t love pictures of puppies!! I certainly do.