Trying to live healthier? Get a dog!
Studies show pet ownership reduces stress, lowers blood pressure and helps alleviate feelings of depression.
While it’s hard to top the love and companionship of a dog, there are a few not-so-pleasant behaviors that won’t do – from barking all night to wetting the floor to chewing on your shoes.
If your dog is exhibiting this type of behavior, it may be acting out due to boredom, pent-up aggression or because of lack of training. With proper lifestyle adjustments and diligent training, you’ll be on your way to having a happy, well-behaved pet.
When you get a dog, ,these tips will help with obedience:
- Spay or neuter. The Humane Society of the United States says that this common procedure can help your dog live longer, be healthier and have fewer behavior problems.
- Relax. Just like people, dogs can get anxious, agitated and stressed. That’s why some veterinarians suggest giving your dog a calming product, such as Pluto Pet’s Pet Calming Spray, to help relieve hyperactivity.
- Keep Calm. Pet Calming Spray acts quickly to relieve restlessness, fear, nervousness and aggression and helps antsy pets sleep through the night, according to the manufacturer.
- Workout. Provide your canine companion with regularly scheduled walks twice a day. This will help your dog avoid boredom, which can lead to destructive behavior.
- School. According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, enrolling your dog in an obedience class will teach you how to control your dog’s behavior both safely and humanely.
- Patience. Though teaching your furry friend to be more obedient may take determination on your part, it’s worth it. After all, as man’s best friend, your dog will appreciate bonding with you during the process.
Get a dog for your health, train him or her and you’ll both be happier! It’s basically guaranteed!
Sabina is a bonded, licensed, reliable and loving pet sitter serving the greater San Fernando Valley / Los Angeles area. For more information about her services...
Call or email: 818.506.1311 | Sabina@PetsNanny.net
"Your love will show through me while you're away!"